First Constable Nick Sorich (Ararat Police Station)
Ph: 03 5355 1500
Senior Constable Candice Taylor (Heidelberg Police Station)
Ph: 03 9450 8000
5 X 5 Basketball – One Day Competition. Competitors will compete in round robin style tournament with finals to determine medals.
Aims for the event
After much discussion between Candice, Nick and the VPESG organising committee, we believe it’s important to inform you of our aim’s for this event for 2023.
1. Increase female participation.
2. Increase country member participation.
3. Increase smaller emergency organisation’s participation.
|Basketball Male||$25.00 per person|
|Basketball Female||$25.00 per person|
|Basketball Mixed||$25.00 per person|
We are thrilled to announce that this year the event will be conducted at State Basketball Centre, 291 George Street, Wantirna South, VIC 3152 on Friday 31st March 2023 commencing at 0900 hours.
This venue is a six-court stadium with Café, Function and Meeting Rooms.
For a virtual venue walkthrough and more information on the facility, please visit https://www.statebasketballcentre.com.au and click the VIRTUAL WALK THROUGH tab at the top of the page.
Mens/Women’s - The format will be standard FIBA Olympic Rules.
• Match duration to be confirmed (Pending registration numbers)
• Division’s 1 and 2 (Pending registration numbers)
Mixed – The format will be standard FIBA Olympic Rules with the following conditions:
• Minimum of 2 female players on court at all times.
• Females in the key both ends first half.
• Males in the key both ends second half.
• 10 Points maximum per person per game. Resets once all players on a team have maxed out.
First Aid & Injury Prevention / Management
First aid officers will be provided for the duration of the event.
We are in the process of organising suitably qualified people to provide physio, sports massage, injury prevention/management for the duration of the event.
Are you a country participant? Are you hesitant to get involved due to travel? Well here’s some good news!
We are in the process of organising a special deal with a local accomodation provider.
Why not make it a special weekend away with your mates! (Or your family).
Further information to be posted on the basketball page on the Games website.
Post Event Function
We are in the process of organising a post event function. Please stay tuned for more information.
• Mens/Women’s Teams to consist of 5 or more players (Maximum 10).
• Mixed Teams to consist of 5 or more players (Maximum 10) and MUST contain minimum of 2 Women on court at all times.
Please note: Referees will be provided but teams will need to provide people to score. Score bench can be substituted players. Please remember people who are scoring must remain professional towards officials.
As the per the General Information & Conditions of Entry. All teams must be registered online prior to the event. No entries will be received on event day.